How do the permissions work
The permissions are based on the role model that represents real business roles of the company.
- Roles. The system has the following roles: User, Supervisor, Payroll manager, Project Management, Client Management, Billing Manager, Administrator. Roles are an integral part of the system, and they can’t be changed. More information can be found here: Users’ Roles.
- Permission set. A permission set is created for each role. One role may use several permission sets. E.g. there are two of them for project management: Project Manager and Project Administrator.
- Granular (permission). The permission set consists of granular, which are the smallest access setting units. E.g. «Reading my clients», «Editing projects of my clients».
- User permission sets. Each user has specific permission sets applied. By doing so the user receives both roles and permissions.
- Create permission sets.
- Add available granulars in the permission sets.
- Choose required permission sets for the user.
Availability of application
Roles in the system define the list of available applications. If the user has a role, which doesn’t correspond with an application, such application is not going to be shown in the Application Menu .
The relationship between the roles and their applications:
|User||My work, Reports (if «Report view» granular is enabled)|