Working with invoices
An invoice in WorkPoint allows the user to call the client for payment of the provided services and incurred expenses.
The invoice contains general information, provided services, fixed payment, expenses and custom lines.
- Draft. The initial state of the invoice. The invoice is being prepared. The invoice can be edited or deleted only in the current state.
- Issued. The invoice is issued and sent to the customer.
- Paid. The payment on invoice has been received.
- Void. The invoice is void (any reason).
Creating an invoice
The user is able to create an invoice using Billing application and one of the following ways: by selecting a line with a customer in Billing Summary, or by using Create command in any view of the invoices.
- Client — select a clioent for the invoice.
- Number — a number of the invoice. If «Assign sequence number» option is enabled, the invoice will receive the next available number. Numbers are scattered along the periods and customers.
The invoice template defines the following information:
- Account credentials (the name of the legal entity, payment credentials etc.).
- Printed form formatting.
- VAT rules.
Invoice templates are configured by the administrators. During the process of the invoice creation, the default template is chosen. The user is able to change the template to a required one.
- (1) — invoice control actions.
- (2) — general information.
- (3) — line adding commands.
- (4) — added lines.
- (5) — additional information
- Client — the chosen client, which can’t be changed after the creation of the invoice.
- Description (purpose) — the purpose of the invoice (added to the invoice form).
- Billing address — this filed is filled automatically using the Billing Address from the client’s card. This value can be easily changed.
- Issue number — the number of the invoice.
- Invoice date — the date of the invoice. The current date is added by default.
- Due date — the estimated payment date. The invoice will be considered overdue after this date.
- Note for customers — a text field added to the invoice form.
- Internal notes — a text field shown only during the preview (not included in the form and not visible to the customer).
VAT calculation features
All tracking operations in WorkPoint are performed without VAT calculation. If the company uses VAT, such feature has to be enabled in the system settings. After that, the user has to indicate the amount of VAT in the invoice template.
VAT will be added right to a calculated values and the printed form (PDF).