Timesheet templates are used to set specific rules for users. In order to use a template, the System administrator has to choose one on Timesheets tab of the card of the user.
Creating timesheet template
The user is able to create a timesheet template in the list of templates by executing Create template command.
It’s required to indicate the name of the template and the type of the timesheet:
- Table-view timesheet — this is a classic table with lines (tasks) and columns (days). This mode is recommended by default.
- Log-view timesheet — offers consequential task adding in the log. It’s recommended only in case of there’s a lot of unique tasks performed during the timesheet period.
- Name — a name of the template.
- Type — a type of the template. It can’t be changed after the creation of the template.
- By default – this parameter defines the template that is used by default. The user is able to execute Use by default command in order to set it.
- Due date calculation lag — a gap in days that has to be added to the last day of the period in order to calculate submitting due date.
- Show Activity — this option adds the activity classifier to the timesheet lines.
- Show Billing Rate — this option adds the billing rate to the timesheet lines.
- Show Client when choosing task — this option allows choosing new task using the following model: Client –> Project –> Task. It also shows information about the client related to a specific task.
Timesheet validation rules make it possible to define specific criteria to check the validity of the timesheet. The timesheet template supports any number of such rules.
Such validation is carried out at the moment when the timesheet is sent for approval. The user has to fulfill all the requirements indicated in the template.
In some cases, the user needs to avoid validation rules. E.g. the user has agreed to shorten the working time for a specific date. Only Payroll Manager are able to send such timesheet while ignoring the validation rules. They use "Forced timesheet bibmitting" action. It’s recommended to use the following model: the employee who needs an exception has to contact the payroll manager who will make a decision and submit the timesheet for approval.