Creating and editing the project
In order to work with the projects, a user has to launch the Projects application. In order to access this application, the user must be assigned the Project management role.
A user is able to create a project from any view by choosing the Create project option.
Properties of the project can be changed after its creation by using the Project properties option in the project card:
- *Name — a short, unique name for the project.
- Code — a project code.
- *Start date, *End date — the active period of the project.
- *Billing type — a billing type for the project. More information can be found here: Project types.
- *Timesheets billing — defines the list of available options for the timesheet line of the project. Must be chosen from the list:
- Non-billable only — the user won’t be able to change the billing rate in the timesheet, and the system will always choose [NON-BILLABLE] billing rate.
This is the only option for the Non billable project type.
- Billable only — vice versa, the timesheet won’t have the [NON-BILLABLE] billing rate, i.e., all work on the project must be paid (utilizated).
- Mixed — the timesheet will offer all billing options.
- Description — any information about the project.
- External hyperlink — any given URL, e.g., to the document library of the corporate portal. If this field has a value, it’s going to be shown in the card of the project.
- *Manager — the user, i.e., the manager of the project.
- Client — client who orders works under the project. The project is considered as internal if no customer is selected.
- Estimated hours, Estimated cost, Estimated revenue (available only for «Fixed bid» project billing type) — planned indicators of the project. The user is able to enter indicators as for a specific task, as well as for the entire project.
- Allow time allocation on main task — this parameter allows the user to select the main (upper) task of the project.
- Skip manager in timesheets approval — this parameter allows ignoring the approval of time writing-off by the Project Manager.
* — required field.
- Billing type can’t be changed after the creation of the project.
- Client can’t be changed after the first working time tracking.
In the More tab, additional custom fields created by the System Administrator can be displayed.