Working with expense requests
Expense requests are used to track various project expenses, e.g., assignment expenses, services of subcontractors, and various materials.
The lifecycle of the request
- Draft — the initial state of the request that allows editing.
- On approval — the request is being approved.
- Approved — the request is approved and tracked.
- Rejected — the request is rejected during the process of approval.
The user is able to create a request using any form of expense request by performing a Create request action.
- User is able to create a request only on their behalf
- Supervisor is able to create a request on behalf of their subordinates
- Payroll manager is able to create a request on behalf of any employee of the company.
The expense request is intended to be used only for one project.
- Applicant is the user that creates the request. This field is available only for the following roles: Manager and Business Administrator
- Request date — the date of request creation (this is not the date of expense incurrence)
- Project – the project that is used to account expenses. The project can’t be changed after the request creation.
- Description — short description that may contain links, e.g., links to supporting documents
Editing of the line
In order to add a new line, the user has to click Add line.
Properties of the line:
- Date — the date of actual expense incurrence.
- Expense type — a classifier; the user has to select a type of expense allowed for the project.
- Amount — the amount of the line.
- Reimburse — indicates if the applicant has to get a refund for expenses.
- Billable — indicates if the line has to be included in the invoice for the customer.
- Description — a short description of the specific line.
- Attachment — any additional file.
The user is able to edit the parameters of a line right in the table, or by clicking the Edit button in a separate window:
Commands for the line:
- Edit — opens the window containing the parameters of the line.
- Delete — deletes the line.
- Add attachment — opens a window, and adds a new file to the line. If there’s a file in the line, it will be replaced with new one.
- Remove attachment — removes the chosen file from the line.