Working with time-off requests
Time-off requests are used to track official leaves, medical leaves, and other situations. Such information is important to plan resource allocation, utilization calculation, and other operations.
The lifecycle of the request
- Draft — the initial state of the request that allows editing.
- On approval — the request is being approved.
- Approved — the request is approved and tracked.
- Rejected — the request is rejected during the process of approval.
The user is able to create a request using any list of time-off requests by performing a Create request action.
- User is able to create a request only on their behalf.
- Supervisor is able to create a request on behalf of their subordinates.
- Payroll manager is able to create a request on behalf of any employee of the company.
The user is also able to compose a request right from the timesheet by switching the corresponding line and adding type:
The time-off request is intended to track only one leave request for one single employee.
- Applicant is the user that creates the request. This field is available only for the following roles: Supervisor and Payroll manager.
- Time-off type — time-off classifier; has to be chosen from the list.
- Description — short description that may contain links, e.g., links for scanned documents
- Period is the period of time-off.
- Attachment — any attached file.
The period of time-off has to be selected in a separate window. The application checks correspondence between the request and timesheets. It’s prohibited to create a request for a period that contains an approved timesheet or a timesheet that is being approved now. If the user needs to add a request for such period, they have to switch the timesheet into the "Draft" state.
Relationship with timesheets
Time-off requests are part of the working time tracking process. The timesheet contains information about project works, as well as about time-offs, making it possible to evaluate the labor contribution of an employee comprehensively.
Information about time-offs is shown in a separate section of the timesheet:
There are two rules:
- It’s prohibited to create, edit, or delete a request for the period that contains an approved or currently approving timesheet. The user has to terminate the approval process or return it to the "Draft" state if it was approved before.
- The user is not able to submit a timesheet that contains an unapproved time-off request. Before doing that, the user has to finalize the approval process.