WorkPoint is a role-based solution. The interface, user access permission model, and the basic business processes are founded on the user roles.
One person in the company can combine several different roles. However, during the process of the user number increasing, specific user roles can become simply inevitable.
There are 7 roles in total.
User – any person in the company who performs basic operations:
- Timesheet filling.
- Time-off request filling.
- Expense request filling.
- Approval of incoming timesheets, time-off, and expense requests.
- Access to personal analytics.
The User has access to the My work application. If the user has no other roles than this one, they will have access to one application only.
Supervisor – a line manager in the company (head of a department, director of a department, and so on).
Supervisor is responsible for their employees, i.e., for the observance of the corporate standards on time tracking and utilization. Supervisor has access to all the information about their employees, and can perform the following operations:
- Control the timely sending of timesheets for approval.
- General control of the timesheet and request filling quality.
- Time-off control.
- Resource allocation and key indicators control.
Supervisor is able to use My team application.
This role provides managing tools for project managers, program managers, resource planning, etc.
Project Manager – an employee who bears responsibility for planning control of works in various programs and projects, as well as for resource allocation. Project Manager has access to comprehensive information about their projects and programs, and is allowed to perform the following operations:
- Resource allocation planning (within the provided framework).
- Creation and editing of programs and projects.
- Controlling key indicators of programs and projects.
Even if the company has no projects in their traditional meaning, the company is still required to allocate an employee in order to form work classifiers in the form of projects.
Project Manager has access to the Projects application.
This role provides functions and tools for client managers, client administrators etc.
Client manager is an employee who controls various working operations divided by clients. Client manager has access to comprehensive information about all the clients of the manager, and can perform the following operations:
- Create and edit clients.
- Control key indicators divided by clients.
Client manager can use the Clients application.
Billing Manager is an employee responsible for the mutual settlement of accounts with clients. Billing Manager has access to all accounting information and can perform the following operations:
- Control unpaid work and services.
- Create invoices.
- Control payments.
Billing Manager is able to use the Billing application
Payroll Manager is an employee responsible for the support of working time tracking, project management, and billing processes. Payroll Manager has access to all the information in the system and can perform the following operations:
- General compliance control, i.e., sending timesheets in a timely manner, the overall quality level of timesheets, observance of approval terms, etc.
- Solving various unusual situations, i.e., forced approval or rejection of entities, sending entities for approval without following general business rules, performing operations on behalf of other users, additional forwarding of already approved entities, etc.
- Preparing analytic information for the management of the company.
Payroll manager is able to use the Payroll application.
Administrator (System Administrator)
Administrator is an employee who performs various technical administration tasks. An Administrator is able to carry out the following operations:
- Create users and organizational structure, set access rules and permissions.
- Create and edit approval paths.
- Create and edit schedules, business rules, additional fields, system classifiers, etc.
- Provide basic technical support for the users.
Administrator is able to use the System application.