Working with timesheets
The timesheet is a working time report of an employee during a period of time.
- Draft — the initial state of the timesheet. The timesheet can be edited only at the current stage
- On approval — the timesheet is being approved
- Approved — the timesheet is approved and tracked
- Rejected — the timesheet was rejected during the process of approval
Table and log view timesheets
There are two types of timesheet views: table and log. The main difference is the way that new lines are adding.
- Table view timesheet is a classic table where each line represents a task, and each column represents a day.
- Log view timesheet is a feed of lines where each line contains a task.
The type of the timesheet has to be chosen by the administrator.
Creating and viewing the timesheet
Timesheets are usually created automatically for a specific period of time (usually, it’s for a week).
The timesheet for the current period can be found using Current link in the MY TIMESHEETS group of the My work application navigation menu.
The user is able to switch between the previous and the next timesheets right from the current timesheet:
Timesheets for different periods can be found in special lists in the navigation panel of the My work application:
- Submitted — the list of timesheets sent for approval by the user.
- To approve — the list of timesheets received by the user for approval.
- Rejected — the list of timesheets sent by the user for approval and rejected by the approving user.
- All timesheets — the full list of timesheets for the user for all periods of time.
Filling in the timesheet
In order to fill the timesheet in the user has to execute the following actions:
- Open the My Work application and find the required timesheet.
- Add lines, choose tasks in lines, and fill the information about daily working time in.
- Send the timesheet for approval.
The timesheet can be edited only when in "Draft" state. The timesheet can’t be changed after sending for approval.
(1) — The timesheet period and period changing commands.
(2) — Timesheet line commands.
(3) — The line of the timesheet. Contains the task, activity, billing rate, and information about the written-off time on a daily basis. The task in the line contains the name of the customer, the project, and the tasks of the project.
(4) — The list of time-offs (leave, illness etc.) tracked during the period of the timesheet.
The user is able to add a new line into the timesheet by using the Add line button.
Each timesheet contains numerous lines. Each line has its properties and information about labor contribution. The list of properties depends on the timesheet template and can be different from the timesheet on the image.
The task can be chosen by using one of the following ways:
- Task search — move the cursor to the searching field, type a part of the name or the code of the customer, the project, or the task. Choose the required task from the searching results.
- Choose from the list — the user has to select the customer, the project, and the task of the project one by one.
Activity — the overall work classifier for the company.
Billing rate — this field is used to define the billing rate and the type of time (utilized or non-utilized). It can be chosen from the list of rates predefined for the specific project.
The duration (in hours) of labor contribution has to be indicated on a daily basis in each line. All time tracking information can be added with a detailed comment:
Instead of entering the duration of work the user is able to use stopwatches.
All comments for the timesheet can be found in the Comments table:
The lines in the timesheet can be sorted in any way, which is most convenient for the user. The user is also able to delete one or several lines by choosing them and using the Delete selected lines button.