Working with invoice lines
Type of lines
- Time (T&M work) lines — grouped information about paid T&M works (only for Time and Materials projects).
- Fixed Bid lines — grouped information about paid works with fixed prices (only for Fixed Bid projects).
- Expense lines — grouped information about paid works (in expense requests).
- Custom lines — any additional positions, which are not related to other entities in WorkPoint, and added in manual mode.
Lines can be added using the corresponding commands:
The user is able to add lines several times, however, all chosen values will b deleted in case of group changing.
Time lines adding interface:
- (1) — choosing the type of grouping.
- (2) — choosing the period.
- (3) — filter by the project.
- (4) — selected lines.
- (5) — line adding command.
This list shows only lines, which are not added to other invoices (except void ones).
Data sources for lines:
- Time lines — information from the approved timesheets for T&M projects. Only lines with selected billing rate are chosen (i.e. paid ones).
- Fixed bid lines — information from Fixed Bid projects.
- Expense lines — information from the approved expense requests. Only lines marked as «Requires payment» are chosen.
The period filter makes it possible to show information for a specific period of time. Rules of filtration:
- T&M amount — filtering by the day of time entry.
- Fixed amount — filter by the period of the task (periods have to overlay). If a task has no information about the beginning and completion dates, such task is considered as continuous, thus it’s not going to be filtered.
- Expenses amount — filter by the day of expense incurrence.
Filter by the project
The invoice is issued for a client, and it may contain data from several different projects. The project filter allows choosing information from a specific project.
The line grouping allows combining the data by various parameters. Here’s the list of available grouping methods:
- For T&M works: a project, a project task, a billing rate, a user, a date, a comment.
- For fixed bid works: a project, a project task, and a period. The period is a line that looks as follows: «Date of beginning — Date of termination». Such way of grouping makes it possible to combine information from several projects during the same period. For example, the user is able to group payments for technical support by months.
- For expenses: a project, a type of expense, a user, a comment.
The grouping dialog:
The user is able to choose any desired number of parameters for grouping and define the order.
The chosen method of grouping is saved for each invoice. By changing the grouping the user will delete all previously selected lines.
The last chosen grouping is used for all new invoices by default.
Adding custom lines
Sometimes the user has to add custom lines to the invoice. In order to do that the user has to use Create Line command.
The user has to enter a description, a measuring unit, a quantity and a price of the products and services.
Changing values in selected lines
Sometimes the user may need to change values in selected lines. In order to do that the user can change values of ‘Quantity’ and ‘Price’ columns (by clicking on the cell and changing the value):
Important! Such changes will affect only the current invoice. These data won’t be used anywhere else. The indicator will be shown in the edited cell with the information about the original value.